Gemonites Moods of Pan 2019
25-A-Side Steelband Competition
Antigua & Barbuda, W.I. - This year marked 20 Years of Moods of Pan. Seven steel orchestras participated in 2019’s 25-A-Side competition. The contestants were Halcyon Steel Orchestra, Original Steel Orchestra, Panache Steel Orchestra, West Side Symphony, Gemonites Steel Orchestra, Antigua Girls High School and Hells Gate Steel Orchestra.
Panache won the event with their Malik Smith arrangement of ‘Treasure’ by Bruno Mars. Hells Gate came in second with their rendition of ‘Rude’ sung by Magi and arranged by Kevaughni Greenaway & Demetre Samuel. West Side Symphony came in third position with ‘Trouble Maker’ by Olly Murs - arranger Derel Jarvis.
- Original Steel Orchestra - ‘Stay With Me’ by Sam Smith - arranger Devon Bachelor
- Antigua Girls High School - ‘Fight Song’ - arranger Juilene Best
- Panache - ‘Treasure’ by Bruno Mars - arranger Malik Smith
- Halcyon - ‘Burning’ by Kofee - arranger Alekea Samuel
- West Side Symphony - ‘Trouble Maker’ by Olly Murs - arranger Derrel Jarvis
- Hells Gate - ‘Rude’ by Magic - arrangers Kevaughni Greenaway & Demetre Samuel
- Gemonites - ‘Attention’ by Charlie Puth - arranger Patrick “Stone” Johnson
Judges for the night were Cuthbert “Tiny” Thomas, Maryann Barran and Junie Edwards. The statistician was Mr. Lawry Louard.