The Virtual Carnival 2021 Is On
Trinidad and Tobago
- MOST STAKEHOLDERS ALREADY KNEW THAT THERE WOULD BE NO PHYSICAL CARNIVAL 2021.
- SO WE ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH THE HONOURABLE PM. THE NATION'S HEALTH COMES FIRST
- WHAT STAKEHOLDERS HAVE BEEN CONCENTRATING ON REALLY IS THE CREATION OF A VIRTUAL CARNIVAL FOR 2021. THAT IS 48 HOURS OF STREAMING CONTENT FOR AN INTERNATIONAL AND LOCAL AUDIENCE
- We might lose 55,000 PHYSICAL visitors but we may gain 55 million pairs of eyes!
- Normally Carnival brings in 55,000 visitors and around $650 million in Foreign Exchange (2006 Tourism Study). Government also spends over $150 million in the festival with private bodies spending possibly upwards of $600 million. This means the T&T economy could conservatively lose up to $1.4 billion of economic activity with no Carnival. There are many people for whom Carnival represents up to 75% of their annual income. Even large T&T corporations.
- This will result in tremendous losses to our economy. It will also add to social collapse, national frustration, frayed mental health, and astronomical spikes in crime.
- WE ARE SAYING THAT T&T VIRTUAL CARNIVAL 2021 COULD BE MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN PAST CARNIVALS!
- BIGGER THAN THAT IS THIS: WE ARE ACTUALLY SAYING THAT TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SHOULD SEE VIRTUAL CARNIVAL 2021 AS THE LAUNCH OF T&T’S VIRTUAL ECONOMY! NOT JUST FOR CREATIVES BUT ALL BUSINESS SECTORS. FOR 2 DAYS THE EYES OF THE WORLD WILL BE ON US. WE HAVE 5 MONTHS TO GET THE VIRTUAL, CREATIVE, AND BANKING ARCHITECTURE IN ORDER. AND THE PRODUCTS AND PROGRAMMING.
- Notting Hill Carnival ran a successful Virtual Carnival probably watched by millions. We can- with all due respect- blow that out of the water! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE 300 TRINI STYLE CARNIVALS IN THE WORLD WILL BE WATCHING AT HOW WE MANAGE THIS EVENT. WE HAVE CAPTIVE EYES!
- We can symbolically target 55 million online visitors to the 48 streaming hours of Carnival 2021. If we cleverly utilize our Diaspora stars like Nicki Minaj, Billy Ocean, Jillionaire, Winston Duke, Heather Headley, etc we can boost our audiences. There is a base target market of the 3 million Trinis world-over along with the 300 Trini-style Carnival massives who will tune in- with boosted audiences.
- That 48 hours can be run on pay per view or other streaming platforms thereafter.
- Forward thinking Creatives and partners have been Beta-Testing the Tech and the curatorial engine The Artists’ Coalition submitted a Sector Masterplan to the Ministry of Finance for National Budget 2021 weeks ago as well as a plan to the Post-COVID-19 Task Force. The proposal has several innovations to employ 25,000 people in the next year as well as earn upwards of $1 billion in Foreign Exchange. Virtual Carnival 2021 is one of them
- Worldwide economies have moved online and this proposal is about using the Creative Industries- who have the most magnetic and immediate content- as the guinea pigs in the creation of a local architecture for the digital marketplace and the conversion of IP material into monetisable content.
- Carnival 2021 will be the coming out party!
- Carnival 2021 televised content must be curated expertly. It must be done by proper curators, designers, tech and TV professionals. Every second must be a monetiseable or brand bonanza. We are not trying to repeat past TV Carnivals on a streaming platform. We are creating a telegenic event with brilliant filmmakers and Carnival, Creative, and Business stakeholders for international consumption with brand T&T as the winner!
- Government will save up to $100 million in infrastructural spend by not having to put up the traditional Carnival infrastructure in 2021. Some of this money can be diverted to the Creative human capital and getting the Virtual National architecture and the Carnival together WE ESTIMATE THE RETURN ON INVESTMENT FOR THE VIRTUAL CARNIVAL 2021 AT POTENTIALLY $400 MILLION
1 (868) 797-0949
When Steel Talks shirts
Order yours now!
When Steel Talks News